DC Elev8R (Coil Driven Elev8R) by 7th Floor / Disorderly Conduction
This listing is for the PID Controller / Coil driven Elev8R. If you are looking for the Torch driven Elev8R please check here.
All the glass of the Elev8R except the Quartz Heater is made from borosilicate glass in Colorado Springs, CO by Elev8's own glass blowing team.
- Designed for dry herbs
- All inclusive design
- Borosilicate glass is worked and melted to the final product here in the USA.
- Comes standard with the quartz Elev8R heater (includes nub on heater for PID kit)
- 3mm Boro beads added at discount
- 7th Floor also offers a similar kit but heaters contain no boro which will have a significant performance difference as well as an import controller/coil kit vs the American DC gear.
- Formerly known as the E43
- 16mm Prestretched Disorderly Conduction Coil (Hot Coil Runner)
- Elev8R kit including 14mm Male Bowl, Screens, Sick Klip, Quartz Heater and Stir stick (random color)
- Coil Burnoff
- Coil Shaping
- Quartz Heater install
- 3mm borosilicate beads installed in heater
- Optional Screen Choice for bowl
- Optional PID Controller
- Optional Heater Stand ***Recommended if you don't have something!!
Screen Options / Heater Fill Type:
- Glass Screen- This is actually built into the bowl. It provides the best taste for the DC Elev8R but has drawbacks too. One, it's breakable. You poke at it too much with stir stick and your are liable to break the glass screen. Two, it clogs easier which can add restriction and a less desirable experience. Three it lets particulate through without adding another screen on top which can defeat the purpose of a glass screen for some. That said the screen is raised up a bit compared to where the steel screen seats. This makes it better for small loads and quicker milking. You can always drop one of the included screens over the top of the glass to cut down on the particulate let through. So it can be kind of the best of both worlds if you are careful with it.
- Stainless Steel Screen- Just what it is. Cheap and easy to clean/replace. Unfortunately these seem to let particulate through as well so maybe want to use a dropdown or ash catcher if you are concerned about it getting into your glass. Doubling up the screens helps some (kit includes 10 extra screens).
- Boro Beads- Standard option to add heater mass to the quartz heater. Normally $10 if purchased separately, these are discounted with these kits.
- Ruby Beads- Run your Elev8R at lower temps with similar/improved performance and quicker heat recovery.
- Disorderly Conduction Micro- Made in the USA, the value workhorse. 3D printed enclosure takes up minimal space and is lightweight for travel. No frills basic design including hard on/off switch that works with smart plugs. Offers the widest temperature range as the coils and controllers are both manufactured by DC and the electronics are minimal. All controllers are offered in black color but other colors may be available for special order upon request. Just email email@example.com. Start this controller at 500 and adjust from there.
- Disorderly Conduction Pelinail 1030- Made in the USA, the same high quality components but in a Pelican enclosure. Ideal for travel with the hard enclosure but not storage. No frills basic design including hard on/off switch that works with smart plugs. Offers the widest temperature range as the coils and controllers are both manufactured by DC and the electronics are minimal. All controllers are offered in black or clear color but other colors may be available for special order upon request. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can accommodate. Please email for this request and be advised there may be an additional fee and delay in shipment as a result. Otherwise either black or clear will be selected based on availability. Start this controller at 500 and adjust from there.
- Disorderly Conduction Pelinail 1130- Made in the USA, the same high quality components but in a Pelican 1130 Case. Ideal for travel with the hard enclosure and storage for DC Elev8R Heater/Coil/Stand and potentially a Mini Rig / Sherlock. No frills basic design including hard on/off switch that works with smart plugs. Offers the widest temperature range as the coils and controllers are both manufactured by DC and the electronics are minimal. All controllers are offered in black color but other colors may be available for special order upon request. Please email for this request and be advised there may be an additional fee and delay in shipment as a result. Start this controller at 500 and adjust from there.
- None- This is NOT RECCOMMENDED. The only reason we offer this is in the case you already have something at home. You can use something as simple as a ceramic coffee mug if you are careful but it's not the most elegant solution. VGoodiez doesn't recommend resting the coil with just the Elev8R sick clip as the stand and hanging the hot coil over a counter desk is not something we recommend either. If you don't have anything suitable do yourself a favor and splurge $15 for the next option.
- Disorderly Conduction- Basic stainless steel stand that hold the coil and heater in place to provide a stable holder. The stand is light so it will slide. We recommend placing it on a non slip surface or even tape the stand to the desk with double sided tape.
- 19mm Female Glass Stand- Similar to the Herborizer stand but a more basic glass base. Holds the Elev8R sturdy but the base is not as heavy as the Herborizer.
- Herborizer- This holds it just like the bowl holds it. Pretty firm and secure. Nice looking too!
Individual Parts :
- Bowl Screens
- Heater Screens
- Pick Tool
- Sick Klip
- Optional Flavor Disc
- 16mm Stretched Coil
- PID Controller Option:
- DC Micro
- Stand Option:
- Disorderly Conduction
- Glass Stand
- Cannabis Hardware- but seriously consider the Snook Lips instead!
- Fill Option:
- 3mm Ruby
- 3mm Boro
** Cocobolo is a wood with a lot of color and grain variation. The item you receive may look significantly different than the picture but it will be of the highest quality and just how nature intended it. If you have a specific color or pattern you are looking for you can make a request in the order notes but we can't promise anything.
***No returns on this product. Coils are tested for function prior to leaving the VGoodiEZ shack. They are made to work with controllers sold by VGoodiEZ. Other controllers may not work with these coils. Just because the plug fits doesn't mean it's compatible. You can short the coil and damage the controller with incompatible equipment. Purchase at your own risk. This is also a 110V coil. Email email@example.com to discuss options for customers outside of North America.
Like with any exposed coil system there are risks of burning and fire. Do not leave unattended and pay special care handling equipment. People with long hair should keep it pulled back while using the equipment and care should be taken wearing loose/baggy clothing. Obviously keep away from pets and children. Make sure you check your screens in the heater before each use to ensure the boro beads are contained and will remain inside the heater. Common sense goes a long way here. If you are clumsy, prone to getting burned or just not confident handling high powered, high temperature equipment, this is NOT for you. Holler at us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help figure out something more your speed.
Safety Precautions and Setup Video
Coil install video and other tips for you DIY folk's!
DC Elev8R (Coil Driven Elev8R) by 7th Floor / Disorderly Conduction
This thing hits like a freaking tank lol the packaging is solid, the products are of high quality and configured up already to essentially just plug and play. Shipping was fast and the price is amazing. Definitely a must have for any collection. I very much Appreciated the added mood mat as well!
The product and customer service is unmatched I love my product. It’s is endgame set up with the heavy vape set up and orb glass. Steve is the man.
The ELEV8R is a magnificent device. I ordered the torch driven one on Black Friday and 3 weeks later, I’ve upgraded to the coil driven version. I decided to get a whole new set instead of just shaping a coil to my torch driven set, as VGoodieZ does all of the coil shaping, burn off, and heater installation for you. VGoodieZ threw in a free mood mat, as well as an extra pick/stir tool. Shipped extremely quickly and arrived extremely quickly. Thank you VGoodieZ!
(P.S. the Micro PID is insanely small! an excellent choice if you’re like me and have a big tray with your rig on it - the controller fit no problem!)
Everything arrived in 3 to 4 days perfectly assembled by Scott every time I order from Vgoodies, It’s a great experience super happy with this purchase and I think all the reviews basically lean the same way