This listing is for the PID Controller / Coil driven Elev8R. If you are looking for the Torch driven Elev8R please check here.
All the glass of the Elev8R except the Quartz Heater is made from borosilicate glass in Colorado Springs, CO by Elev8's own glass blowing team.
- Designed for dry herbs
- All inclusive design
- Borosilicate glass is worked and melted to the final product here in the USA.
- Comes standard with the quartz Elev8R heater (includes nub on heater for PID kit)
- 3mm Boro beads added at discount
- 7th Floor also offers a similar kit but heaters contain no boro which will have a significant performance difference as well as an import controller/coil kit vs the American DC gear.
- Formerly known as the E43
- 16mm Prestretched Disorderly Conduction Coil (Hot Coil Runner)
- Elev8R kit including 14mm Male Bowl, Screens, Sick Klip, Quartz Heater and Stir stick (random color)
- Coil Burnoff
- Coil Shaping
- Quartz Heater install
- 3mm borosilicate beads installed in heater
- Optional Screen Choice for bowl
- Optional PID Controller
- Optional Heater Stand ***Recommended if you don't have something!!
Screen Options / Heater Fill Type:
- Glass Screen- This is actually built into the bowl. It provides the best taste for the DC Elev8R but has drawbacks too. One, it's breakable. You poke at it too much with stir stick and your are liable to break the glass screen. Two, it clogs easier which can add restriction and a less desirable experience. Three it lets particulate through without adding another screen on top which can defeat the purpose of a glass screen for some.
- Stainless Steel Screen- Just what it is. Cheap and easy to clean/replace. Unfortunately these seem to let particulate through as well so maybe want to use a dropdown or ash catcher if you are concerned about it getting into your glass. Doubling up the screens helps some (kit includes 10 extra screens).
- Boro Beads- Standard option to add heater mass to the quartz heater. Normally $10 if purchased separately, these are discounted with these kits.
- Ruby Beads- Run your Elev8R at lower temps with similar/improved performance and quicker heat recovery.
- None- This means you already have your own controller and we are sending you the coil with attached heater and other parts of the kit. Hopefully the controller you have is one of the ones we listed. If you are not sure, email us at email@example.com to discuss. The pinout of the wiring is important and you don't want to plug this coil into something incompatible. You could short the coil and your controller.
- Disorderly Conduction Micro- Made in the USA, the value workhorse. 3D printed enclosure takes up minimal space and is lightweight for travel. No frills basic design including hard on/off switch that works with smart plugs. Offers the widest temperature range as the coils and controllers are both manufactured by DC and the electronics are minimal. All controllers are offered in black color but other colors may be available for special order upon request. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org. Start this controller at 500 and adjust from there.
- Auber RDK300- Made in China, designed and sourced out of Georgia, USA. Nice metal enclosure with knob for temperature adjustments and auto shutoff feather. Has soft power switch so not workable with smart plugs. One of the most popular PID controllers out there, purchase this understanding you have both limitations and options to potentially improve your experience. In the past we didn't offer this with the DC Elev8R. Pre-boro filled heaters you needed to run 700+ degrees Fahrenheit and the electronics measuring the coil on the Auber didn't like it. The auber has a lot of electronic settings that can be tweaked to improve your experience but it can also cause issues with measuring a coil. Especially one that has been stretched or is potentially touching other metal. In the end you only need to run around 500F to get good rips with the DC Elev8R and this will do at least that without you having to make adjustments. You can probably get it to run hotter out of the box as well. One thing to note is the Cannabis Hardware Heat Post makes the coil reading act funny but it just works the same. You can also dive into menu and make further adjustments but please contact Auber directly for support. We can provide some manual links but not much else. Start this controller at 500 or higher- again you may see some temp fluctuations in the coil but it will work and rip hard. If you need it hotter you need to get into the menu.
- Disorderly Conduction Pelinail 1030- Made in the USA, the same high quality components but in a Pelican enclosure. Ideal for travel with the hard enclosure but not storage. No frills basic design including hard on/off switch that works with smart plugs. Offers the widest temperature range as the coils and controllers are both manufactured by DC and the electronics are minimal. All controllers are offered in black color but other colors may be available for special order upon request. Just email email@example.com. Start this controller at 500 and adjust from there.
- Disorderly Conduction Pelinail 1130- Made in the USA, the same high quality components but in a Pelican 1130 Case. Ideal for travel with the hard enclosure and storage for DC Elev8R Heater/Coil/Stand and potentially a Mini Rig / Sherlock. No frills basic design including hard on/off switch that works with smart plugs. Offers the widest temperature range as the coils and controllers are both manufactured by DC and the electronics are minimal. All controllers are offered in black color but other colors may be available for special order upon request. We may even be able to get larger pelican cases for more parts / glass storage. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org. Start this controller at 500 and adjust from there.
- None- This is NOT RECCOMMENDED. The only reason we offer this is in the case you already have something at home. You can use something as simple as a ceramic coffee mug if you are careful but it's not the most elegant solution. VGoodiez doesn't recommend resting the coil with just the Elev8R sick clip as the stand and hanging the hot coil over a counter desk is not something we recommend either. If you don't have anything suitable do yourself a favor and splurge $15 for the next option.
- Disorderly Conduction / Errlectric- Basic stainless steel stand that hold the coil and heater in place to provide a stable holder. The stand is light so it will slide. We recommend placing it on a non slip surface or even tape the stand to the desk with double sided tape.
- Cannabis Hardware Heat Post with Base- Great if you already have other Cannabis Hardware gear like a VRod or Weedeater. This base is also not for everyone but it's something we use everyday. The heater and coil will set inside the post but it's not tight. It's important to balance it in there properly and use the weight of the cord to support. The metal in this stand can also mess with the temp measurement but it still seems to heat well enough to utilize the equipment so you decide! It's something me and other folks use daily but others might complain! LOL
- Herborizer- This holds it just like the bowl holds it. Pretty firm and secure. Nice looking too!
***No returns on this product. Coils are tested for function prior to leaving the VGoodiEZ shack. They are made to work with controllers sold by VGoodiEZ. Other controllers may not work with these coils. Just because the plug fits doesn't mean it's compatible. You can short the coil and damage the controller with incompatible equipment. Purchase at your own risk. This is also a 110V coil. 220v coils and power cords are available for international customers. Please request in the notes or email email@example.com to work out details.
Like with any exposed coil system there are risks of burning and fire. Do not leave unattended and pay special care handling equipment. People with long hair should keep it pulled back while using the equipment and care should be taken wearing loose/baggy clothing. Obviously keep away from pets and children. Make sure you check your screens in the heater before each use to ensure the boro beads are contained and will remain inside the heater. Common sense goes a long way here. If you are clumsy, prone to getting burned or just not confident handling high powered, high temperature equipment, this is NOT for you. Holler at us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help figure out something more your speed.
Coil install video and other tips for you DIY folk's!
I have many vapes and started getting familiar with Enails. This thing rips with a water piece; long story short good buy combustion.