Core 2.1 E-Rig by Crossing Technology
The Core 2.1 E-rig is the latest portable e-rig from SZ Crossing A.K.A. CrossingTech. It is an all in one dab rig designed for use with a full range of concentrates, from thin oils to solid shatter style material. With a solid build made from high quality materials, a fully heated large capacity cup, vortex airflow and everything you need to get started (except concentrates) and provides the best entry level e-rig experience. After a little practice it rivals much more expensive devices!
We stock the Core 2.1! This is an identical setup as the 2.0 with the only difference being the heater. Where the Core 2.0 comes with a rebuildable heater, the Core 2.1 comes with the 2.1 Non rebuildable heater for convenience.
There are a some key differences between the Core and Core 2.0 e-rigs which are as follows.
- Core 2.0 runs 3D Ceramic heaters only, no wire based coils
- Atomizers contain only Metal and Ceramic, silicone and PEEK has been replaced with an all ceramic design
- Four heat settings are now all for the V5 heaters
- Fully rebuildable atomizers - no need to replace the whole housing, just the heater
- Decreased pre-heat time
- Increased session time
- Increased total run time (80 second full run time)
- Vortex airflow - included spinner carb cap
- "Unbreakable" aluminium carb cap replaces glass bubble carb
- Improved button function
- Upgraded Stainless Steel Carb Cap Tube
- One button functionality for ease of use
- Fully heated high polish ceramic vaping surface - elements inside base and walls of heater
- Rebuildable atomizer
- Vortex Airflow - Aluminium spinner carb cap with carb cap tether
- Borosilicate Glass Bubbler
- Stainless Steel Carb Cap Tube
- Four carefully tuned heat settings
- Isolated Aluminium and Glass Vapor Pathway
- Low maintenance
- Approx. 1 hour 45 minute charging time
- 3150mah Li-Ion Battery Pack
- Approx. 21 full sessions - mixed power settings
- Core 2.0 E-rig Base
- Core Bubbler
- Aluminium Spinner Carb Cap
- Carb Cap Tether (black)
- Silicone Base Cover/Sleeve (black)
- Core 2.0 or 2.1 Atomizer with V5 heater installed
- Spare V5 Heater (Core 2.0 only)
- SS316 Dab Tool
- 4 x Spare Atomizer Screws
- 2 x Spare Carb Cap Tube O-rings
- 1 x UK Wall Plug
- 1 x USB-C Charging Cable
- Cotton buds/Q-tips
- Alcohol wipes
- Upgraded Carry Case
- Hold - Manual fire up to 60 seconds
- Two clicks - Activate session mode - One click to cancel
- Three Clicks - Change heat setting
- Four Click - Display power level - Red/Low - White/Medium - Green/Full
- Five Clicks - Lock or unlock Core 2.0 Base
Sessions times and temperatures
The total session time for the Core 2.0 has been upgraded to 80 seconds, this includes the pre-heat time.
- Blue - 12.5 second pre-heat - Approx. 205C
- Green - 13 second pre-heat - Approx. 220C
- White - 17.5 second pre-heat - Approx. 240C
- Red - 22.5 second pre-heat - Approx. 260C
- Always hold your e-rig upright! If you angle it during use concentrate will spill out the bucket! Now that's out the way...
- Charge your base using the provided wall plug and cable.
- Fill the bubbler from the top, when it is removed from the base. Ensure any excess liquid has been wiped away and that no water has flooded into the bottom compartment. If this happens turn the bubbler upside down and blow into the air hole at the bottom to clear this section. Then re-fill from the top.
- Do not fill the bubbler past 1/4 fill height or you risk flooding the base and damaging the unit.
- Place bubbler onto Core 2.0 Base at an angle, ensuring that the hole in the bubbler base aligns with the vapor pathway in the Core 2.0 base, then gently and firmly push it straight down into place.
- Check small screws in the atomizer base which hold the heater legs are done up fully. These need to be tightened so they are firm, but not so much that they cut the wire legs off the heater. When this is done screw the atomizer into the Core 2.0 base.
- Place the carb cap tube on the base so that the wider angled side sits at the top, leaving the carp cab on the tether so that you can load concentrate onto the heater.
- Select your desired heat setting (start low if you're not sure).
- Now that's all done we get onto the vaping methods as there are different ways the Core 2.0 can be used!
Cold Starts - This method is best for getting the most flavour and material preservation as you start inhaling as soon as vapour is being produced. Vaping in this way will cause the session temperatures to be slightly lower than otherwise because the air passing around the heater will decrease heating speed. You can start your inhale at any point, we suggest keeping an eye on the button flashes so that you can always begin inhaling after a set number of flashes, if desired, providing a very consistent and repeatable experience.
- Load a rice grain size dab (basmati not long grain) into the heater
- Press the fire button twice to activate session mode
- When your concentrate starts to bubble begin inhaling gently with the carb cap left off
- When the Core 2.0 base vibrates place the carb cap back on and continue your inhale as you normally would
- For subsequent inhalations just inhale as desired, when the flavour leaves your material, the vapor becomes harsh or stops being produces press the fire button once more to cancel the session
- If you still have material left inside at the end of the session simple hit the fire button twice again and start vaping immediately, no need to wait for the vibrate as your heater will already be close to vaping temperature. The second session will always run a little hotter than the first if it is started straight after
Hot Starts - Vaping in this way allows the heater to reach full temperature for any given setting; so this method is best for getting the maximum vapor production and effects as quickly as possible.
- Press the power button twice to activate session mode
- Load your dab onto your dab tool - basmati rice size again
- Wait for the Core 2.0 base to vibrate indicating the session temperature has been reached
- While inhaling gently load the dab into the heater, then replace the carb cap and inhale as your normally would
- For subsequent inhales you can carry on as desired. The same applies here with regard to finishing your session. If your material is finished hit the fire button once to cancel the session early, if you still have material left simply hit it twice when the session has ended to start it again!
- As with cold starts, follow up sessions will always run a little hotter.
Manual - Self explanatory, load a small rice size dab into the heater and hold down the power button. Inhale as desired.
Manual hold can also be used instead of double pressing to finish a session or heat the heater for easier cleaning.
- Wipe out heater with a q-tip after each use
- Clean the area around the RDA heater weekly to stop residue building up
- Every month or so wipe out the airway with a q-tip soaked in ISO - allow to fully dry before use
- Replace bubbler water daily
- To clean bubbler fill with hot water and shake to remove large residues. Soak in ISO to fully clean. Rinse thoroughly with warm water after soaking.
- The Core 2.0 RDA heater can also be removed and screwed into a heat sink on an Arctic Fox or DNA-C box mod (with auto-fire), then run at 36W for 1-2 mins to perform a burn off cycle to clean the heater back to new. This is optional.
- Over-discharge/Low battery
- Low heater resistance
- No atomizer
- CE Certified
- ROHS Certified Materials
- FCC Certification
- FDA Approved Silicone
- UN 38.3 Certified Li-Ion Battery Pack.
Warning Lights - When your Core 2.0 base flashes three times it's trying to tell you something...
- Blue - Short-circuit warning
- Green - No atomizer warning
- White - Over-heat warning
- Red - Low battery warning
- For all warranty claims please contact the store you purchased from.
- The Core 2.1 power base is covered by a one year manufacturer warranty against defects.
- The Core 2.1 carry case is covered by a one year manufacturer warranty against defects.
- The atomizer is covered by a one week manufacturer warranty against defects.
- While atomizers are expected to last much longer than one week, they can be damaged by mishandling and misuse. We understand that not everyone will use the device daily or immediately so offer a one week warranty, from the date of delivery, to report any issue with your atomizer.
SZ Crossing or its retailers are not responsible for, and accepts no liability for, the use or misuse of this product by the customer. All SZ Crossing products are designed and sold for adult use and for legal purposes only. It is the end user's responsibility to be aware local laws and regulations and adhere to them.
Sorry no international shipping on this item. No exceptions.
Core 2.1 E-Rig by Crossing Technology
Long time/first time here. Tending to combust less and vape more, this easy to use, easy to love erig has worked nicely for me. 4 good settings and an easy learning curve, this little guy packs a punch when you want it to. I enjoy the cold start dabs with this rig and have it finely tuned in to my preference. Battery life is sufficient for multiple sessions, and recharging is quite fast with the right charging block. Carry's well in the nice case. The straight tube neck could be curved a bit, but that is what accessories are for. A solid b+ on a solid starter erig...